Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aw, What the Heck

“It’s impossible,” said pride. 
“It’s risky,” said experience. 
“It’s pointless,” said reason. 
“Give it a try,” whispered the heart.


I always think twice before publishing a post that includes any quote for which I can't find a reference. That's the scholar in me. But I saw this quote today on one of my new favourite, inspirational Facebook pages, Suzie's Daily Quotes, and I just have to share it. That's the daredevil in me. 


I love this quote. 


It reflects almost every major life accomplishment that I can claim for myself, and all of the minor ones.


Sometimes my heart whispers so quietly, I fool myself into thinking I can't hear the suggestion to give something new a try.


Other times, as I think about attempting the unknown, my heart leaps with excitement.


Once in a while, I really do give something new a try.


When I decided I wanted to begin a daily writing practice, I started a blog (the one before this one). When I decided that I was okay with being open about being a recovering woman online, I listened quietly to my heart and started this blog. A few weeks ago, another whisper told me to start my own Facebook page called She Recovers. Right now, hanging out on that page is my daily meditation practice. It's saved my ass a few times this past week.


Tomorrow I get my results for the "Is my cancer still gone" tests. I figure it's still gone. I'm not even worried. Still, when my oncologist gives me another all-clear and tells me to keep going, I will breathe a sign of gratitude.


And then I'll listen very carefully, to what my heart tells me to do next.





2 comments:

  1. I'm SO the same about "quotes" :)
    So it is with reservation I give you this one, because I've no idea of its origin ~
    But, love it none-the-less. And, my dear, it does remind me of you!!

    "A master, in the art of life, draws no sharp distinction between his work and play, his labor and leisure, his mind and body, his education and recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing and leaves others to determine if he is working or playing. To himself he always seems to be doing both."
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn, you rock. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete