Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summertime in My City

The evidence that summer has arrived is everywhere.
  • Everybody is smiling and happy
  • I have a bit of a sunburn on my nose from gardening
  • Soul Mate and I have made two evening trips to the Beacon Drive-In over the past week to grab a chocolate dip cone (and he just suggested a third but I have put my foot down)
  • We enjoyed our first pitcher of lemonade on the deck today
  • We booked a camping trip for two weekends from now (at a campground right on the ocean)
  • My legs are well-shaven and I'm sporting shorts
  • Soul Mate started the boat today and is heading out to sea next weekend
  • The garden needs watering every second day
  • Our house windows are wide open every day
  • Last night there were three humongous cruise ships tied up at Ogden Point (we drive by Ogden Point after we pick up our ice cream cones)

And lastly, the clematis vine and white lilac tree that I blogged about a few weeks ago, are now both in full and glorious bloom.




I am in love with my life.

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment